Monday 3 April 2017

My Little China Girl

It's about time I gave you another witch character for Good Witches Bad Witches , don't you think?! 

Here is my latest witch. Just finished her the other day. Her name is Yinying Gu and she's from Guilin, China. Her familiar (witch's pet) is a pug called Sudu, and she carries mynah birds on her back. Her elaborate hairdo displays a bone and tarantula hair ornament. Her long witchy robes are my take on a hanfu, and her wide belt holds her golden bird cage to her hunched back. Her Ming pot has a dragon pattern under a crackle glaze finish.   

Another 1:12 scale sculpture handmade by myself, she stands at less than 5 inches tall. Breaking with tradition, I have only put a few development photos below as you'll be able to see more, learn more about how she was made and about the character herself by purchasing a copy of my book 'The Art of Good Witches Bad Witches' which is out this summer.

I thought someone would probably want to buy a pug, so I actually made two and have made one available for purchase at my webshop here. There's only one, so don't miss out! I ship everywhere.

Enjoy the photos!







tim burton, stop motion, caroline mcfarlane watts, spooky, nightmare before christmas, laika, coraline, halloween, witches, sculpture, dreamworks, mckinnon saunders

4 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

She is fabulous! I love the look of suspicion on her face and how her pug is watching her. Beautiful details...I love your imagination and admire your amazing talent.

Whimcees said...

So wonderful! I can't wait to purchase your book! :<)

Unknown said...

I love her! I'm curious, what kind of polymer clay do you use?

Dr. Theda said...

Wow !!! Love "creepy" look on the old lady's face... Cool !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...