Monday 19 March 2018

Design and Dishonesty

This post was a fairly detailed account of my interaction with another artist. I have deleted the entire post at their request, and I think that was the right thing to do.

The post had been about plagiarism. Since this artist and I have reached an agreement I've removed the entire account.

But, the end of the post is still available! See my business news below, and look out for more news in the near future.

A huge thank you to everyone who reached out to me when I first wrote the original post. I do appreciate you all.



---------------------------------------------------------

In other news....
Hello to everyone who skipped past the unpleasantness above! And hello and thank you to those who read it and are still with me! 

In my work news, I am busily working away night and day to create you a beautiful sculpted collectible of my first witch from 'Good Witches Bad Witches™'...! It's taking me a long time as I first created her in 1:9 scale and then realised the factory in China would charge so much for versions of her in this size that it wouldn't be worth it. So I started all over again and have made her in 1:12 scale! Just like my originals! You may have caught a glimpse of her on my official Tall Tales Instagram. She's very well made - I put ever so much time and care into her. She's actually better than the original. A bit more refined and with some lovely added details to the luggage trolley she pushes. 


She will be available for pre-sales in less than a month, and I will be at Monsterpalooza where you can sign up for a pre-sale then and there, and say hi to me in person!

Love and gratitude to you all. 

Caroline
xXx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry you're going through this. It's so obvious her work copies yours and yours is different from the other one. Hang in there. Karma will catch up to her.

Whimcees said...

Fight! Bullies think if they come on strong that they will not be challenged. I am sorry that this has happened to you - you are so talented and creative and your designs are yours alone. This person has proved herself to be an arrogant bully. Fight her and win!

patodat said...

It is truly a theft to steal another’s work.. but if it is expensive to the fight the cheating... don’t let it worry you too much.. she obviously has no talent or imagination of her own. Just continue to work through it and your fans will be there to help.we can smell a rat when we are presented with one. Your work is incredibly unique... don’t go broke fighting.. move on to some new stuff and then she will set herself up for the “fall.” That cometh before the talent.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I was previously unaware of your work until I saw a fellow artist who regularly speaks out against copyright infringements post this article on her FB page. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have fallen instantly in love with your adorable miniature characters and I sincerely hope you are able to resolve your situation against this charlatan.

Sheila said...

I hope that you fight her. Bullies are all about bluffing and the minute you start to fight back they crumple. Because at heart they're cowards.

sandysewin said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. If you are able, you should definitely fight her. She does decent work, it's a shame she can't come up with her own designs, she'd probably be a happier person for it.

You just keep being you and doing your own wonderful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...