Tuesday 5 March 2013

Cutting it in Burbank

I've had my work cut out for me these past few weeks. Literally cut out for me - I've got this brilliant new table saw which cuts all my wood for me so I don't have to struggle away with a handsaw - yippee!

My workshop is semi-unpacked in a space in Burbank until the end of the month when I get the keys to my new place in Los Feliz. So I've been focusing on sets and some furniture (including painting these chairs pictured below). Some sets will be 1:12 scale (the chairs are) and some will be 1:6. Of course some very large exteriors will be made on a much smaller scale (in cases I don't want to use matte paintings).

Aside from that, I just had a great mini break in San Francisco... you know what it's like being cooped up in a hotel room - felt like getting out and stretching my legs in an Alcatraz cell. Our prison tourguide was hilarious - definitely worth the trip if you're ever in the area.

Will have more to show when I am finally settled into my new place....!



miniature model sets, miniature sets, making miniatures for film, san francisco burbank film production

2 comments:

Femme Mystérieuse said...

Amazing, you made those chairs with a handsaw?

Caroline McFarlane-Watts said...

No! I'm making furniture pieces such as tables and Welsh dressers (in US known as 'hutches') with my fabulous little cutter, and painting and distressing other furniture ready for shooting in the film 'Myrtle the Witch'. Sorry if that wasn't very clear! :) C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...