Saturday 6 April 2013

A Dragon Day

It's a gorgeous day here in LA and Griffith Park awaits, so I'll make this a quick update. ;)

Since my Easter post the other day I received several requests for crates of dragon eggs and some other commissions centered around dragons. This leads me to what I've been up to today. I'm taking a few days off from 'Myrtle the Witch' to create a pretty unusual and interesting dragon piece in one inch scale.

Below you can see me making dozens of new design dragon eggs, wooden crates lined with hay, hutches and stone flooring. The clay I'm using  for the stone slabs is paperclay (not my usual polymer clay), so it's not cured or fired with heat, but dries hard over 24 hours. I started the floor yesterday and finished it this morning with dry brushing and scenic scatter.

Enjoy some work in progress pictures and watch out for the finished piece which I shall photograph before I ship it off.






1 comment:

Hannah said...

I really like your floor! I did a stone floor myself last week and had a bit of a hard time fixing the holes between the stones, your idea is great, maybe I'll try that next time =) Hannah hannahsminiatyrer.blogspot.se

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...