Monday 6 October 2014

From Ghoulies and Ghosties

I love that old passage from a Scottish / Cornish prayer.
"From ghoulies and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!"

It's Halloween this month, I have three events scheduled for it, and yesterday I braved the 106 degree weather and went to the amazing garment district in downtown LA to buy leather, tartan and gold embroidery thread for the costume I'm making... I'll blog about it later in the month once I've made it.

Aside from that I am preparing some pieces for an exhibition of my work (coming up) and also pieces for Halloween this year. Over the weekend I received my copy of another magazine I make an appearance in. It's five pages plus the front cover. See a previous blog post about this project here. The About section of my blog shows a snapshot of all my print features / books to date.


So... here's a glimpse at my workspace, below. The pieces are not yet finished.... just a few ghoulish green pumpkins and squash that will form part of one exhibition piece.

And here's a snap of the bits and bobs I bought downtown. Correctly guess who I'm going to be for Halloween this year and I'll reward you with a gift coupon for my shop...!







11 comments:

Suzanne said...

well Caroline,with the tartan you could be one of several people...Brave Heart; the girl from Disney's Brave,Merida....but whoever you are going to me I know your costume will be good and I can't wait to see it.......and with your hair you would make a great Merida.!!

Caroline McFarlane-Watts said...

Hi Suzanne! A very good guess, but nope - not Merida! Thanks for the comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha!ha!ha!You will be Caroline from brave....:):):)+++nico

KorNat said...

Superb work! Very inspiring!

Drora's minimundo said...

I cannot guess but your goulish pumpkins are very cute! I love your work and original ideas. No wonder they get published.
Hugs, Drora

Annett said...

Hi Caroline.

your pumpkins are sooo great and amazing. i love your clay-creations. :))

kind regards form germany
Annett

Caroline McFarlane-Watts said...

Vielen Dank, Annett! And thank you very much Drora, Nico and KorNat! ;)

Tabitha Corsica said...

Ah Caroline, you are always doing something exciting and fun! I don't exactly know who you will be for Halloween but I'm guessing it might be someone (or something!) Outlanderish :-) Eager to see to results. And I love the green squash! So very ghoulish...

xoxo Susan (aka Tabitha)

Merja said...

Funny pumpkins!

Jennybee said...

Love the pumpkins! I bet what ever you create as your costume will be awesome! My guess would be Claire Randall from Outlander! Oh I love that new show. Thanks for letting us guess and I can't wait too see what your costume really is!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ! excellent, j'adore tes citrouilles !
maryy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...