Thursday 8 October 2015

A Witching Time of Night

I must have lived in the US too long because I started creating a Halloween scene in mid September! This is for a book, but (as is often the case) you can buy props from the scene from my shop.

Here's a snippet of what I've been up to. All kinds of pumpkins and squash in one inch miniature scale. Everything made by me. You can see my sketches below (one of these designs didn't end up being made as it looked a little too reminiscent of Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'). 

You may recognise photos of the green warty pumpkins from almost two years ago. They ended up not being needed until now, so I just finished that scene this week.


If you're still following the 'Good Witches Bad Witches' project then don't worry, I've almost finished the next addition! I haven't stopped creating witches from Europe yet, but I am skipping straight to North America for this next witch. (I'll get back to European witches soon and you'll start seeing Russian, Polish, Swiss, Swedish, Dutch witches...)

If you follow my work on Instagram or Facebook then you've probably already seen this photo of my Texan witch.



Pumpkin / Halloween work-in-progress photos.









In other news, just after I last posted I went to the Stop Motion Festival out here (in Glendora) and it was enormous fun. If you're in California next September then you must check it out (details here). I even had a great chat with Joe Clokey


-----
Quote from Shakespeare.

'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

1 comment:

Drora's minimundo said...

Your pumpkins are the cutest. Just looking at them makes me smile.
Great work!
Hugs, Drora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...