Monday 28 January 2013

Return to La La Land...

It's hard to refer to Tall Tales Productions as an 'LA-based company' when I myself (the founder) have been all over the world with my workshop in tow, working on miniature film sets, commissioned miniature pieces, props and sets in other companies' art departments etc. 2012 was actually split between the UK and New Zealand only!

However... I hear the California waves calling and am heading back to Los Angeles at long last in about 10 days time... I've got something exciting to announce a little after I arrive as well. ;)

Once back I will rent a new space to work on short film Myrtle the Witch, re-purchase many tools (dremel, track saw, craft oven, soldering iron, clay pasta machine etc) and start taking photos week by week as the sets for the film come together. Been dying to work on these sets but mostly put it off for when back in LA as they're a bind to ship! Stay tuned for some fun work-in-progress photos...

So what am I looking forward to returning to in wonderful LA.....? I flicked through some photos and reminisced about the past 3 years I lived out there in Los Feliz / Hollywood. Take a look at some of my highlights which include; beaches, clubs in downtown LA, Renaissance Faire, Hearst Castle, weekend breaks to Las Vegas and San Diego, camping in Yosemite, Disneyland, Halloween parties, the Madonna Inn, Mexican food, fast food, hot sun and more and more and more...

Starting with my wonderful Art Deco apartment - the Demille building below. ;)



caroline mcfarlane-watts tall-tales productions

1 comment:

Witchkrafting with Kat said...

Oooooooooooo sounds exciting I just love that snail!!! Cannot wait to here of your upcoming work :-) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...